- 3/4 lb sweet italian sausage, crumbled
- one chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped OR two heaping teaspoons of jar garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup orzo, cooked al dente
Cook onion and garlic, add sausage, cook til done.
Add the rest except the orzo (which you can cook concurrently) and simmer half an hour or so.
Drain the orzo (if you just made it) and add, cook five more minutes.