This is my favorite chili recipe, although it takes about three hours. If you have access to buffalo meat, go for it, that’s the best.
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- 3 lbs buffalo stew meat, or flank steak, or a chuck roast, cut in bite size pieces
- 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 7 oz can diced green chiles
- 4 cloves chopped garlic OR 1 heaping tablespoon if it’s from a jar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 12 oz can corn (I like the kinds with no sugar added)
- Shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1-2 limes
Mix all ingredients from chicken broth to brown sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer one hour. Add onions, green pepper and corn. Simmer 2-4 hours.
Add lime juice and cheese to taste, stir til cheese melts, serve.